What is Microsoft Teams?
Microsoft Teams provides you and your users with a single portal from which you can leverage the full power of Office 365. It is designed to provide your day-to-day working tools, plus all of the information stored within Office 365 in a single screen reducing the need application hop to undertake different activities.
If you are looking to maximise the consumption and usage of Office 365, then Microsoft Teams is the key tool to allow you to do that.
Microsoft Teams facilitates the key methods of communication that a modern workforce would expect to use.
- Chat – Allowing 1:1, 1:N and Team Conversations, chat allows you to communicate textually
- Voice Calls – Allowing verbal communication whether that is using the Teams client or whether you have a dedicated telephone number to act as your soft telephone
- Video Calls – Videos, with Full HD support, allow face-to-face communication without physically being in the same location.
Through Microsoft Teams, you can conduct your day-to-day working life in a single application:
- Co-authoring – let teams of people work on the same Office document at the same time to reduce
- Integrate other Apps – surface information from Planner, your tasks from DevOps, or information from a website
- Intelligent Search – search for information across Teams, showing results from people, files and chats