Microsoft Excel Foundation
The Microsoft Excel Foundation Course is the perfect introduction to using Microsoft Excel, the extremely popular Microsoft Office application used for spreadsheets and a whole host of other business uses.
Duration: 1 day
Who should attend this course?
The Microsoft Excel Foundation course is intended for new users of Excel, or those who have been using Excel for some time without any formal tuition or as a refresher of the basics. The intended audience includes:
- Business Users
- Information Workers
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Produce and print a simple spreadsheet containing data with calculations, formulas, and functions.
- Format data to enhance the appearance and layout of the worksheet
- Create basic charts from worksheet data
Delegates should be able to perform basic functions with personal computers, keyboard and mouse.
For virtual classes, delegates will need to have Microsoft Excel 2013, 2016, 2019, or 365 (desktop) installed.
£290 per person *
* prices are stated exclusive of VAT
£2,800 per course *
Upcoming Microsoft Excel Foundation Courses
Live online events
No events to show
Microsoft Excel Foundation Course Overview
Module 1 – Introduction to Spreadsheets
- Familiarisation of the Excel user interface
- Understanding workbooks
- Understanding worksheets
- Understanding pages
Module 2 – Working with Data
- Navigating and selecting data
- Entering, editing, and clearing data
- Automatically filling in data in a range
- Moving and copying data
- Inserting and deleting columns and rows
- Formatting numeric and text data
Module 3 – Formulas and Functions
- Understanding the rules of basic formulas
- Entering formulas to calculate spreadsheet data
- Using AutoSum to total numeric data
- Applying Excel functions to calculate the total, minimum, maximum, and average of the data
Module 4 – Visualising data and producing reports
- Sorting and filtering lists of information
- Creating basic charts from worksheet data
- Summarising data in a list
- Printing workbook information
Do you have a question about the Microsoft Excel Foundation course?
The conversation starts by getting in touch, either by completing the form, pick up the telephone or open up a new chat with us!